The New Community Shelter is offering a Career Opportunity to an experienced Case Manager to work within a positive team environment.
- Intensive Case Management working with approximately 20-25 adults experiencing homelessness.
- Assessment, development and implementation of individualized plans.
- Facilitation and co-facilitation of groups, i.e. Employment Readiness Group, Rent Smart & Resident Meetings.
- Knowledge of community resources and an understanding of boundaries, ethics, and confidentiality.
- 4 year B.S. Degree in Human Service related field required.
- Experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness, mental health issues and/or AODA issues a plus.
Weekday day and some evening hours, 40 hours per week.
Competitive wage and benefits based on experience.
Email Resume to: TamiF@newcommunityshelter.org
Or Mail to:
New Community Shelter
Attn: Tami Frea
301 Mather Street
Green Bay WI 54303
Outreach Case Manager
The New Community Shelter is offering a Career Opportunity to an experienced Outreach Worker/Case Manager to work within a positive team environment.
- Perform outreach on the street and at shelters, meal sites, and other places not meant for human habitation to homeless individuals with mental health issues.
- Case Management working with adults with Mental Health Issues experiencing homelessness.
- Engage individuals to connect to mainstream resources including but not limited to housing, mental health and/or substance abuse treatment, and Social Security Disability benefits.
- Knowledge of community resources, computer skills, and an understanding of boundaries, ethics, and confidentiality.
- 4 year B.S. Degree in Psychology, Social Work or related field required.
- At least two years experience working with people with mental health issues.
- Experience working with people with co-occurring disorders (mental health and AODA issues) and homelessness a plus.
Weekday day and some evening hours, 40 hours per week. Competitive wage based on experience, good benefits.
Tami Frea @ 301 Mather Street Green Bay WI 54303 or TamiF@newcommunityshelter.org.
New Community Shelter – House Supervisor Job Opportunities
The New Community Shelter, a non-profit organization with a mission empowering adults who are experiencing homelessness seeks part-time House Supervisors.
The House Supervisor positions will cover rotating 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift – 3 weekends per month, with extra hours during the week available if desired.
In this position, you will serve as front-line staff and provide support to residents, ensure facility security, cleanliness and routine maintenance. You will also help individuals seeking shelter by assisting them through the intake process, answering any questions or referring them to the appropriate agency. In addition you will assist people from the community that are meeting at the shelter or bringing in a donation.
No experience is necessary. Qualified candidates would have the ability to make decisions and work unsupervised, while effectively managing time to complete all essential duties. We are looking for highly motivated staff, with initiative to work with individuals experiencing a wide spectrum of struggles including, but not limited to AODA concerns, mental health concerns and physical/mental disabilities. All training is on site. Knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel is preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to: Abbyb@newcommunityshelter.org
or mail to:
New Community Shelter
Attn: Abby Brezinski
301 Mather St.
Green Bay, WI 54303