The New Community Shelter, a non-profit organization with a mission of empowering adults who are experiencing homelessness, seeks Full-Time & Part-Time House Staff to join our team! Do you want to make a difference everyday while Helping People Help Themselves in our community? You will serve as the front-line staff and we are looking for highly motivated individuals with the initiative to work with individuals experiencing a wide spectrum of struggles including, but not limited to AODA concerns, mental health concerns and physical/mental disabilities. The House Staff full time positions work a 2-2-3 schedule with every other weekend off. Part time positions cover vary during peak hours.
• Helping individuals seeking shelter by assisting them through the intake process.
• Ensure facility security and safety.
• Oversee and assist in the cleaning of the facility.
• Answering questions and helping with problem solving, along with referring to the appropriate agency.
• Assisting people from the community coming to the facility with donations
• Answering phones and directing calls as needed.
• Interacting and working with others.
• Desire to help others
• Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have High School Diploma or GED
• General knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel is preferred
• No prior experience necessary. All training is on site.
- Competitive wage based on experience.
- Health & Dental Insurance*
- Paid time off & holidays*
- 403b Retirement Plan
*For full-time employees scheduled 30-40 hours a week.
Please email Resume & Cover Letter to KariW@newcommunityshelter.org
or mail to:
New Community Shelter
Attn: Kari Watt
301 Mather St.
Green Bay, WI 54303